Restorative Yoga Teacher Training | Level 2
In this training, you will further develop your understanding of the nervous system, physiology, and subtle energy body in restorative poses. You will deepen your knowledge of the therapeutic impact of restoratives during times of illness, injury, pain, and other stressors, learning to support optimal energy flow to all the body’s systems and working on physical, physiological, energetic, and emotional levels.
Emphasis is placed on expanding the breadth of your knowledge and experience with restoratives, including working with special populations, managing more challenging healing situations, and individualizing prop use to address student’s unique needs. We will intimately examine poses, props, modifications, and environment to help heal and transform our students. In addition, we will discuss the latest mind-body research in Western medical science and where and how it intersects with Eastern philosophy.
Upon completion, participants will be able to create, guide and practice a customized Restorative Yoga practice for themselves and others as well as handle a wide variety of illness, injuries, and aliments in a wide range of setting.
This training is for those who have completed Jillian’s Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 1. However, if you have have completed Foundations of Restorative Yoga, or extensive Restorative Yoga teaching experience (a minimum of 2 years of weekly teaching) or have completed Restorative Yoga Training from another school you may apply for approval to take this training. Please contact Jillian to apply.
Restorative Yoga and deep relaxation experiences, lecture, discussions, a training manual, group work, and partnered exercises and practice-teaching to explore therapeutic propping for structural injury, chronic ailments, and mental illness.
- Neurology, physiology, and emotions of illness and healing
- Science of chronic stress, disease, and healing.
- Working with students suffering from chronic pain, illness, injury and emotional or mental challenges
- Illness, healing, and the koshas
- Adjusting work for various healing environments such as hospital beds, chairs, and during medical treatments
- Developing creative restorative asanas for the nervous system, mind, and energy body
- Using healing meditations and visualizations
- Basic therapeutic applications of Restorative Yoga for MS, fibromyalgia, post-operative healing, digestive problems and IBS, heart problems, fertility, stress reduction, and excessive tightness
- Progressive relaxation and yoga nidra
- Teacher-student dynamics when working with illness and injury
- Working with emotional responses and release during practice
You will receive
- A Certification of Completion. This can be used for Yoga Alliance CEU hours in Restorative Yoga based on hours of program.
- An extensive training manual compiled by Jillian
- A list of recommended reading and resources
- A listing on Jillian Find A Teacher Graduate Page
- An extensive follow-up guide to online resources for continued study and practice
- An invitation to join an ongoing discussion and resource group for Restorative Yoga and Yoga Therapeutics teachers
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 are offered each year at Yoga Works in New York City, in addition to various locations along the East Coast and throughout California.
- Level 2 is part of a 45 hour Restorative Yoga curriculum offered by Jillian.
- To get the most complete training in Restorative it is recommended that you also take Restorative Yoga Level 1, Turning Your Hands On Assists Into Hands On Healing, The Art of Teaching Restorative Yoga with Minimal Props and The Art and Science of Guided Relaxation. Currently, completing these 5 modules create a 45-hours of Restorative Yoga Training.
- For those pursing Jillian's 100-hour Yoga Therapy Certificate 40 Hours of those hours are comprised of Jillian's Restorative Yoga Trainings while the additional 60 hours come from Jillian's Yoga Therapeutics Training